On Air Now

Non-Stop Music

Midnight - 9:00am

Now Playing

Eurythmics

Sweet Dreams

Two brothers killed in Israeli drone strike on Gaza

An Israeli drone strike has killed two Palestinian children in southern Gaza, a hospital reported.

The two brothers died when a drone struck close to a school sheltering displaced people near Beni Suhaila, staff at Nasser Hospital said.

The boys, Fadi Abu Assi, 11, and Goma Abu Assi, eight, were gathering firewood for their wheelchair-bound father, according to their uncle, Mohamed Abu Assi.

He said: "They are children...what did they do? They do not have missiles or bombs, they went to gather wood for their father so he can start a fire."

At the funeral, the boys' father wept over one of his children, whose white shroud was peeled back to show his face.

Asked for comment by Sky News, the IDF responded: "Earlier today, IDF troops identified two suspects who crossed the yellow line, conducted suspicious activities on the ground, and approached IDF troops operating in the southern Gaza Strip, posing an immediate threat to them.

"Following the identification, the IAF eliminated the suspects in order to remove the threat."

It comes less than two months after a 20-point peace deal, brokered by US President Donald Trump, took effect in October.

Now Hamas is calling on mediators to pressure Israel to stop violating the ceasefire.

Israel, which accuses Hamas of breaking the ceasefire itself, says its strikes are aimed at militants violating the truce.

At least 352 Palestinians have been killed since the ceasefire took effect on October 10, according to Gaza's Health Ministry.

The Hamas-run ministry, which does not differentiate between civilians and combatants, says the death toll from Israel's offensive in Gaza has now passed 70,000.

Israeli officials have questioned the accuracy of the figures, accusing Hamas of exaggerating the numbers, though the militant group denies this.

Read more:
'Almost two children a day killed in Gaza'
Gaza: It's impossible to imagine people still living here

The health ministry says it had refrained from adding thousands of reported deaths to the official tally pending further checks.

Now with a shaky ceasefire in effect, officials claim they can take advantage of the relative calm to search for the dead.

The UN has previously described the ministry's figures as "credible".

Sky News

(c) Sky News 2025: Two brothers killed in Israeli drone strike on Gaza

More from National News

  • The Business Hour

    Listen again to the latest Business Hour with Tony Delahunty. The show is brought to you in association with Nottingham Trent University and West Notts College.

  • Supporting The Stags

    Mansfield 103.2 is a proud supporter of Mansfield Town Football Club - head to their website for all the latest Stags related news.

  • Send Us A Message

    Want to get in touch with our presenters or our news team? Then a great way to do it is through our website

  • The Mansfield 103.2 Business Club

    Check out our brand new business directory and if you want to join call our sales team now on 01623 646666.

News