Take A Trip Back In Time
Explore our county’s amazing heritage with The Great Nottinghamshire Local History Fair coming to Mansfield this month.
Into its sixth year, the event at Mansfield Central Library, on Sunday, 13 May, from 11am to 3pm, is Inspire’s biggest annual Heritage event and promises to be a free fun day out for all the family with lots of stalls and activities, plus the chance to have a go at traditional circus skills led by The Joker Entertainment.
Inspire delivers libraries and a range of cultural and learning services on behalf of Nottinghamshire County Council.
The Local History Fair will feature special displays about Nottinghamshire’s mining heritage including a micro mining museum and Virtual Reality apps so you can take a trip down a virtual coal mine!
Other activities include:
· The chance for children to take part in art and craft activities throughout the day, and even dress up in costume and take a Victorian “Selfie”.
· Demonstrations of traditional crafts including willow weaving, wood carving and lace-making.
· Performances of songs through the decades from local singing group Sempre.
· Firefighting equipment from days gone by with Mansfield Fire Museum
· The Magical Memories collection of local bygones.
· Bookstalls selling titles of local interest, old and new.
· Displays showcasing Nottinghamshire’s heritage by groups from across the county, including popular themes such as railway history, archaeology and the First World War.
· Light Refreshments available throughout the day.
Peter Gaw, Chief Executive of Inspire, said: “This is a popular annual event which will appeal to people of all ages, with fun craft activities for the children and the chance to learn circus skills, as well as a treasure trove of displays and information highlighting our county’s fascinating history.”
CLICK HERE FOR MORE LOCAL NEWS
To display weather you need to supply your location in Station settings.