Wednesday 28th October, 2009
Tests Continue On Local Woodland
Mystery still surrounds the reason why a number of dogs fell ill or died shortly after visiting a part of local woodland.
Four dogs died and another fourteen were ill after they went to Haywood Oaks near Blidworth earlier this month.
Tests carried out by Natural England have ruled out chemical poisons such as strychnine and cyanide as the cause.
Further tests are now being carried out to identify any less commonly-occurring chemicals.
But, Natural England remain confident that the poison is naturally occurring, such as a disease carried by ticks or mites.
They've had no more reports of dogs falling ill or dying over the past week but still advise walkers to keep their dogs on a lead and in sight there.