Numerous Facilities Shut Across Newark & Sherwood
In line with the latest Government advice, Newark and Sherwood District Council has closed more of its buildings and facilities to help people keep a safe distance and reduce the spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19). From today (Wed 25 March), the following facilities will be closed to members of the public:
· All play parks
· Castle House, Newark (DWP will continue to provide a limited service at Castle House for their most vulnerable customers)
· Hawtonville Local Office, Newark
· Ollerton Local Office, Ollerton
· Ollerton Advice and Jobs Centre, Ollerton Town Hall
· Southwell Advice Centre, Southwell Library
· The Buttermarket, Newark
· Sherwood Forest Arts & Craft Centre, Edwinstowe
· Newark Beacon Business Centre, Newark
· Public conveniences at The Gilstrap, Newark
However, the District Council's Customer Services will remain open as normal to help residents with enquiries, prioritising critical enquiries, via phone: 01636 650000 or email: email@example.com
For customers with complex needs who are unable to use these contact methods, we will have procedures in place to provide services to them via their carer/ nominated representative on a case-by-case basis.
New bookings for bulky waste collection are also being suspended although existing bookings will continue to be collected. Green, silver and brown bins will still be emptied as normal.
District Council car parks and the Newark Lorry Park will remain open as normal.
Building Control (which is provided via a shared service) will now only visit dangerous structures or other extreme situations and all site inspections have been suspended.
For more information: https://www.newark-sherwooddc.
By the end of this week, the Council will be issuing £10,000 and £25,000 grants to eligible businesses as part of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) support package as follows:
· £10k grant per business in receipt of Small Business Rates Relief and Rural Rates Relief
· £10k grant per business (if they do not qualify for the £10k above) in the retail, hospitality and leisure sector with rateable value of £15k or less as of 11 March 2020
· £25k grant per business in the retail, hospitality and leisure sector with a rateable value of more than £15k but under £51k at March 11, 20201
Deferring VAT and Income Tax Payments
For VAT, the deferral applies from March 20, 2020 until June 30, 2020.
For more information about business support:
CLICK HERE FOR MORE LOCAL NEWS
To display weather you need to supply your location in Station settings.