Advice After "Cat Flap" Burglaries Across County
We've had a small series of "cat flap" burglaries in the Mapperly, Sherwood, Bramcote and Newark areas of Nottingham where jewellery and cars were targeted.
They all happened overnight and involved car and house keys that were inside the door lock or very close by on shelves by the front door.
Officers are investigating and are reminding residents to:
- Set house alarms overnight
- Keep house keys and car keys out of the door or within easy reach of the door- particularly if you have a cat flap
- Don’t leave keys in visible places, for example on the kitchen worktop
- Put vehicles in garages if you have one
- Ensure all windows and doors are locked even if you’re at home
Please be vigilant and report any suspicious activity to 101 and in an emergency always dial 999.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE LOCAL NEWS